Welcome to Bill & Terri's Blog

This is our family:
Sterling & Amber Rasmussen, Terri & Bill Biggs
Mandi & Courtnee Biggs.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

First Hike of 2009 - Waterfall Canyon

Friday night after work we went on our first hike of the season - a lot of us used to hike together and it was so much fun getting together and doing this again. It's my first hike in about 2 years. It was absolutely beautiful, perfect weather, and today, Sunday - 2 days later I can hardly move...:-) But that's ok - it's all worth it. It just means that I need to get going and get back into my exercise routine. Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we did taking them.
Here we are at the trailhead - waiting for Maria - she's our newest hiker. These folks are the ones I used to hike with all the time. Left to right - Carol, Rex, Diana, me. Amber commented that she wasn't really fond of my smile - I had no idea Bill was taking that picture - not sure what it was I was doing or thinking.


Taking a break standing on the little bridge over the creek (or crick as Utahans seem to want to call them)

Such a pretty stream (crick)
Looking over the Ogden/Bountiful Valley and all the way up to Salt Lake

Here is the gang -Carol, Rex, Diana, me and Maria in front

Bill and me standing on rock with valley behind us.

First waterfall sighting. I didn't make it all the way - within about 50 yards - my thighs and left knee gave out on me. It was a bit of a rough walk down the hill - it's a lot more painful. But I made it all in one piece - and I'd do it again tomorrow if my knee would allow me to!

Here is it - didn't get the top part of the fall - but it was really gushing out. In a few weeks it won't be so much water, but still very nice.


Heading back down
Taking a break - not sure what Maria was doing - hopefully not looking for snakes... yikes!!

It was dark by the time we made it to the bottom - thank goodness we had a flashlight!



No comments: